Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Quick update before I run out the door!

Jake had surgery on his ankle this morning. He seems to be ok for now. Heavily sedated and foot propped up on a foam plank. I couldn't be there with him because I had a test and a class that I can't miss today. I might skip my class tomorrow because of him, we'll see. The doctor said everything went well. He has to wear a cast for a couple of weeks, but can put weight on it, then he has to wear his boot for another 4 weeks, and then have a final check on the leg and be given some physical therapy exercises. I hope that he feels good soon and that this won't be anything that will hinder him on a mission, or make it hard to walk a lot or ride bikes. We don't know how much it's going to cost us in the end. Minnesota turned us down for assistance, but the hospital is trying to do some other stuff, so we'll have to wait and see. But for now he's resting comfortably and I have to run to class. Bye!

2 comments:

The Flying Banana said...

Get well wishes for Ankle Man!!!!!
Best to be Bionic, I always say.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen, Just read about Jake's surgery and this is Monday. We sure hope that by now he is feeling tons better. Granny is right; bionic is good. Hurts like heck for a couple of days but it gets better pretty fast; I hope it's all that you expect when the healing is finished. We sure do love all y'all. Turbo