Friday, August 22, 2008

Ups and Downs

Ok, I'm not really mean enough to squirt lemons in people's eyes, but I can't say I haven't been tempted!
I'm rollercoasting this week. Things have been going really good. I'm liking my work I'm doing, I really enjoy it. I wish it didn't take up so much of my time tho'! I'm really thankful that Heavenly Father is blessing me with people who want me to do work for them. I have a session/wedding/job every week almost through October (only two weeks with nothing going on, and one of them I've reserved for my own family) and now I got a call today for November, and still working on a January bride. So I'm feeling really blessed in that area.
On the other hand, there are times, and they happen often where I wish I didn't have so much to do because the kids are asking to do this or that, and I tell them I can't because I have pictures I have to work on or someplace I have to go look at, or I have to get caught up on the house work that slid while I worked on pictures. I wish they were older and could help more with chores. I have them doing a couple of them, but it's not enough to really help, it's more to teach them to work and work together. I've had days where I just want to say, "I can't do this anymore! I want to quit!"
But then something happens, I get an awesome picture, or compliment and then I am loving it again.
I am feeling more comfortable with my style and enjoying editing more too. I just wish it didn't take so long!
This is my sister in law and her family, I shot them last week. She's also been really awesome about supporting me in my photography, and even hired me for her nephew's wedding last summer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cool to see your sister in law and her family. They look so beautiful together. What a treasure. You work magic!

I think it helps families love each other to see themselves in such a beautiful setting. I know I keep the pictures you took of my boys right on the living room wall, so they will know I love them.

So true, about there never is enough time for all the doing of everything. Just keep on luvin' it, though. You are in your happiest time of life!

Michelle said...

Awww you took family pictures with their dogs in it too! Ok, now you so totally rock. Not many photographers will do animals shots. You did great!

I know things have been hard for you and trying to make everything balanced has been a struggle. But you know what? I think you're doing great. I love what you do. :)