Thursday, July 24, 2008

When did I get this old???

When did I get to be old enough to have a child who drives? No. Really. Tell me. When? Because last time I checked I wasn't barely old enough myself!

Ok, so last week my oldest son got his drivers permit and let me tell you, if I wasn't stressed enough over this wedding and the computer crashing and trying to keep my home together and everything else, now I have a 15 year old asking if we can go somewhere so he can practice driving. Now I have a knot in my stomach and my toes are permanently curled around the end of my flip-flops and I'm pretty sure I've left a nail or two in the passenger seat in the van.

For the most part he is doing pretty good. I'm really trying to only suggest the necessary things while he is driving, such as.... "Slow down! Slow down! There goes our road!........... turn around up there."

But for the most part he's doing really well.
Me, on the other hand.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So just wait till you get a hole in the floor of the pasenger seat when you keep hitting the non-existant brake pedal.

Oh, and I hope there is a handle up high you can grab onto above the door. Those are the best!

Hang in there. Go Jacob!

Michelle said...

Oh dear, don't tell me these things! I get nervous when my 3 and 2 year olds ride their tricycle! I'm pathetic. You, on the other hand, sound pretty normal. I hope he continues to get better!