Thursday, February 12, 2009

Argh!

So I'm having an issue with my computer, I'm not sure what the issue is, however I cannot mix Facebook and Hotmail or my computer freezes up. It's the craziest thing. I can go all over the Internet, so long as I don't go from facebook to hotmail, or hotmail to facebook.

Joel is out tonight at some seminar. He keeps getting calls from one company (from his resume last year too) that he thought was a sales type job, but today they said there were teaching positions too. He's taught as a flight instructor, and also trained in employees, also he's taught Sunday school and the deacons for several years. So he's out tonight to see what it's all about.

My family are just the sweetest bunch of people I know... I love them so much!
My parents outfitted Joel with a new suit, shoes, belt, shirt and tie so he could look sleek for his interviews. That was so super thoughtful of them!

I've also gotten phone calls and emails asking for updates and telling us how they are thinking of us and praying for us.

And then today I got a surprise gift in the mail from one of my sisters. She sent along a note telling me she had been thinking of us and praying for us. Thank you Banana!

I can't tell you how amazing it is just to know how much my family loves us and is thinking of us and wanting to help us in any way they can. We don't hear from the other side quite as much, and even though they live closer to us, they just aren't that way. We've been through other things before, like Joel losing his kidney, and they didn't call or come around or offer help on their own. I'm not trying to slam them, I'm just stating facts and how blessed I feel when my family is not like that.

I'm trying to let my kids know what blessings we have in our lives. Although this may be a tough road, and we will try to shelter the children as much as we can so they do not feel the effects of this storm, I don't want to shelter them from knowing the blessings we receive. I don't want them to go through this not knowing how much their Father in Heaven has provided for our needs. I treasure the biographies that my father has given me of my ancestors. I know they have been through worse stuff than I have yet to experience, but I love the testimonies left behind and the records of their faith and the blessings that come from that faith. It sustains me and gives me strength to face my own challenges. I want my children to have that handed down to them as well. Our lives are rich from our heritage.

Enough mumblings for now.

Photography is dead slow right now. I'm working on a wedding I shot last month, and I have a session in a week for a newborn... .ohhhh I love newborns! But that is about all. I may have a couple of weddings come my way, a couple of people have written inquiring for other people, but nothing solid yet. And ohhhhh I love weddings!

I'm also hoping the winter is shorter than last year... I remember waiting until June before I could get a bride in the water for an extreme bridal. I'm wanting to work with some off camera flash (flashes on stands with umbrellas) at sunset and have a couple of models lined up as soon as it's warm enough. I'm super looking forward to honing my skills on that.

I've had inquiries for family portraits, but have put them off. I should have taken them up on it, but family photography is my worst subject. Everyone wants traditional stuff and I want to take them out to the train tracks, and old barns, or drag a couch out into a field... stuff like that. But they want the stuff they see at Sears and that's just not me and I don't want to do that stuff anymore. So do I do what they want and get paid, or do I do what I want and not get clients?

1 comment:

Ginabear said...

Sooo nice of your family to do that! Wouldnt it be sooo awesome if you lived closer to them?? *clears throat* not that I am hinting or anything that I would love it too, hehe! Jen, you are the best example I can think of and know without a doubt that you and your family will be taken care of! You have so much faith and love for the gospel and I cant tell you how much I admire your determination! As far as your photography...its your art, so its all about that, do what you feel, you will find clients that will pay for your creativity, just need to get the word out! You are soooo freakin brilliant and talented, I know good things are comin your way! BIG HUG!!!