Monday, October 19, 2009

New News

Oh my, October has been such a busy month for me! I've had a bunch of sessions and fun stuff going on.
Joel got a new calling last week. Assistant Ward Clerk. He's so excited to finally be able to use his new accounting skills and have some experience to put on his resume.
I also have a new calling as the 1st counselor in the Primary Presidency. Our old 1st counselor has been called to serve in the nursery.
Rocky has been renamed "Sunshine" or "Sunny". We figure she's still young enough to learn a new name.
I'm working on my annual revamping of my business, prices, wedding packaging, images on the website, discount policies, etc.
Family will still be given free sessions and 20% off prints, but ward members will now be given a 25% discount on my session fees and 20% off prints, on account of people having sessions sit around for ever and no print ordering. It's a lot of work to do a session for little compensation. I have to admit I've had some wonderful customers who've refused the free session and thrown some extra in their check for me, thank you to those that have done that! Especially those that have remembered that my husband's been out of work for 6 months and every little bit helps us meet our kids needs.

As much as I'd love to give everyone free sessions, I just can't afford to do it anymore.

I'm trying to get Joy out the door this morning to get to the YMCA, but she's doing everything she can to keep us here... not liking her breakfast... putting on a dress instead of play clothes.... guess I'm going to stick around and work on my last session instead.

Also, lucky win last night for the Vikings! Whew! I didn't think they were going to pull it off in the last 10 seconds of the game. If they'd had Longwell on their team, we'd have lost.

No comments: