Last year I tried to do 12 days of Thanksgiving, or something like that. It was at the old blog. I never could quite remember to post something each day, so this year I decided to save it all until the end and just make one big post.
So here it goes...
I am thankful for
1. My parents. You might want to argue with me, but you would lose, I have THE best parents in the world! They have raised all 6 of us kids to be amazingly well behaved wonderful people. We were raised in a home full of faith, love for God, to have good manners, and love for each other. Though we are all grown up and I'm the farthest from them, I don't feel very far from them at times because our ties are that strong. I'm thankful for the most wonderful parents God could give me to.
2. My husband. Man, this guy deserves a medal, an award, a new car... something! He's been an amazing source of love and support to me. We've had our hard times, but no time has been too hard where he hasn't been willing to stick with me through the craziness. He's been faithfully devoted to me and our marriage and I love him so much for that. I am thankful for all of the hours of hard work he puts into his job and his education to make our lives better and to supply for our needs.
3. My children. Oh boy, now the waterworks will start. Man, I have been blessed beyond measure when it comes to my little sweeties. I have an amazing 15 year old son who is the apple of our eyes. He's been a perfect son. He makes great grades, he's kind, he's helpful, he's polite, he's patient... I don't know how we got so lucky. We get compliments on him all the time. People notice how much he helps us, or how wonderful he is with the other kids. I am so thankful for the amazing kid he is. I have an amazing 7 year old son who is the twinkle in my eye. Every morning he rushes to greet me with a "good morning mommy!" and a hug and kiss. I hope he never outgrows that! He is helpful and cheerful. He too is extremely intelligent. He helps keep his sisters out of trouble. I see a lot of Jacob in him and hope he continues to emulate his brother. I have two sweet little girls who my heart just is bursting with love for. They are still little and I wish they would stay that way. My older daughter has been a blessing to us all of her life. She came to us in a time of great sorrow, and brought with her sunshine and joy. She is always cheerful and upbeat. She rarely walks, always bouncing and upbeat and trots with a spring in her step. My youngest is my sweetheart. My mini-me. She is so much like I was when I was little. I love her cheerful smile and her chubby little cheeks. Still very attached to me she's my shadow. I wish she would never grow up and always remain my little shadow.
4. I am thankful to be an American. I love my country. I am proud of my country and what it stands for... what it has ALWAYS stood for. I am thankful for what freedoms I still have left.
5. I am thankful for my home. I love my home. I love the people in it. I love the things in it. I love how my home feels to me.
6. I am thankful for my friends. I have learned so much from my friends this year. I have watched them go through joys and heartbreaks. I have learned from watching them to embrace every day. Embrace the people in your life. I am thankful for their prayers and their conversations and their friendships.
7. I am thankful for my God. The Creator of my soul. I am thankful for the blessings He bestows on me and my family. I am thankful for the life He has given me. I am thankful for prayer, so that I can communicate with Him.
9. I am thankful for my Savior, Jesus Christ. I am thankful for His example and His sacrifice. Although I struggle every day to understand the Atonement and it's place in my life, I am thankful for it.
10. I am thankful for photography. I am thankful that I have an outlet for my creative side that doesn't take over my life. I am thankful for the beautiful images I've been able to create, and the joy I've been able to bring to others through it. I hope that I may be able to continue to bless lives with my art.
11. I am thankful that all of my needs have been met this year. I am thankful that my husband's job has not suffered with the economy. I am thankful that my bills are being paid and that my children have not ever in their lives known true hunger.
12. I am thankful for my health. I am thankful that I have been relatively healthy this year. I am also thankful that my husband's health is 100 times better this time of year than it was last year at this time. I am thankful that his body is responding to the arthritis medication. And I am thankful for my new smile.
13. I am thankful for my ancestors, for a million reasons.