Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Glad it's done!

I stepped out on a limb tonight and taught a short class about making better pictures, at tonight's Enrichment class. Man! I was so nervous! I felt like I was stumbling in my talking and thoughts until halfway through someone asked me a question and then I relaxed, it was like "Oh yeah, I know what I'm talking about, why am I relying on cards?" I wish they'd asked me a question sooner! Ha!

American Idol
Ok, I have to complain about Jason Castro's "Over the Rainbow" It first sounded like he was trying to do IZ's rendition of it, and then changed it. I didn't like it. Nobody can hold a candle to IZ. But America is gullible and will think it's fantastic because Simon said it was. Normally I like Simon and agree with him on most all his opinions about performances, but not this time.

ETA: Thanks Banana! I accidentally called Jason "David", whoops!

5 comments:

Ginabear said...

I remember that you felt the same way when you would teach RS. I am jealous of those that get to hear you teach. I am glad you relaxed and had a good time, good for you comin out of your box!!

Michelle said...

Dang! I would have loved to attend your class. You may not have wanted me there though, I would have asked a million questions! lol I'm glad you relaxed! I bet they were glad to have you. :)

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you on JASON Castro's performance. At least Simon referred to "Israel's song on the internet."

IZ was SOOO much better. So much more heart and soul..

Luv ya,
banana

julie said...

I know how you feel! I teach RS every month and it is a good exercise of the heart!

Misty DawnS said...

I about passed out when they announced that Michael Johns was going home from Idol!!! Who the heck am I going to drool over now??? Besides - he rocked! I am not very happy about this... nope, not happy at all.

By the way, if you are interested, I'd like to invite you to a new Sunday photo meme all about animal photos. The premier sign-in post is open now at camera-critters. I don't know if you would like this kind of meme or not, but I'd be thrilled if you wanted to join!