Sunday, April 6, 2008

Monique sent this onto me in an email and I couldn't help but choke up.
Often times I've thought to myself that I resolve that if I ever run into anyone in the military making a purchase that I would pick up the tab for them. I see them often as I drive by the gas station, we have a military site by our home. Someday I'll be in that gas station and be able to thank a man or woman in uniform by picking up the tab.

You'll have to scroll down to the bottom of my blog to turn off my 70's playlist so you can hear the music to the video.

4 comments:

Ginabear said...

Wow Jen! Not sure if I have any words that would do this justice. Hard to type through tears. I get equally as emotional when I see returning soldiers at the airport and the emotion of their families and friends. Its an awesome feeling knowing that there are so many men and women fighting to protect the freedoms we take for granted. Thank you for sharing this.

Misty DawnS said...

I've seen this before, and from what I understand, it was made by a young girl. It is absolutely amazing and leaves me speechless and in tears every time I see it.

julie said...

Love inspiring clips like these. I have a family member in Iraq right now. He will be there for a year and has had to leave his wife and four kids behind. This is his second time there. Last time, his now four year old, was born and he was there for a year and a half.

Pretty intense what is asked of them. A gal in my ward, her husband is also in Iraq and will get home in June. She is having such a hard time, it is hard to see her suffer.

Michelle said...

That was beautiful. I love the idea of picking up their tab. I'm going to do that.