Sunday, March 29, 2009

Seen from my window...

Yesterday while I was getting ready to leave for my photoshoot and noticed Joshua sitting at the edge of our yard, feet out in the road, and next to him was Duky (Dookie), his best friend for the last year. I thought about grabbing my camera but then the usual thoughts that deter me crept into my head, "something is in my way" (the screen), "My camera is packed and ready to go", "They'll be done by the time I get it", etc. And as I finally resolved to leave the camera in the bag and just take in the scene Duky, sweet little Duky, put his arm around my son and gave him some pats on the back.
To which made my alarms go off. I thought that Josh would have been sitting there comforting Duky. My sweet, little happy, not a care in the world Josh. But instead the roles were reversed. So after they both got up and dusted themselves off and went back to play I called Josh into the house to ask him about what just happend.
He told me that he had just been sitting alone, wanting some alone time and Duky sat down by him. Duky asked him if he was ok, and he told him, "yeah". Then Duky patted him on his back and told him, "I'm always here for you". After Josh told me these words he got a puzzled look on his face, shrugged his shoulders and said, "whatever that means", and ran out the door to play.
I'm so happy he has such a good little friend. I heart Duky.

2 comments:

Ginabear said...

awwww sooo cute! Even at that age its sooo awesome to have friends! I cant wait to see him!

Anonymous said...

OMG how cute!!!!!!!!!

Monique