Thursday, March 5, 2009

Change of Plans

Today I wanted to blog about these commercials for your gold, but then when I was about to start typing I heard my husband's computer playing a video and a little old lady's voice. I asked him what he was watching and he send me this link click here.
Oh my gosh, is she not the cutest little lady you ever did see?
These videos are treasures!
We've just started using some things from our food storage. I've bought a lot of the church's standard food storage stuff, but we haven't had much use for it before, and I haven't been very good about rotating it.
I went to a friend's house yesterday and had two cans of wheat ground up. This morning I made wheat pancakes:
2 C. Whole wheat flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
2 C. milk
2 T. vegetable oil

Let it sit for a few minutes before you make pancakes. I dropped them 2T. at a time, to make small pancakes.
Most of my kids loved them! (The syrup could have helped with that.) I was really surprised and thought they'd give me a fight. Thank heaven's for small blessings :)
Anyway, so food storage, and also the Great Depression have been on our minds a lot lately, of course especially in light of the current economy problems and watching the Dow drop every day is not very encouraging.
So Clara's videos are really interesting to me, and I can't help but want to hug her and her grandson for making these videos, to not only share beautiful Clara with us, but also to share her memories and the knowledge she has from those times. She has some endearing and funny stories to share. I hope you enjoy her as much as I do.

No comments: