Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Please, don't anything break down!

Ok, so we finally got our taxes back and are trying to get our selves situated for how ever long we can. Joel's unemployment deposits have started coming in. They deposit it directly to our checking account, which is nice. We were able to put down a years rent on our lot, and also pay a years rent for our storage locker (one of the perks of living in a mobile home is no storage space for all that food storage and such) and are looking at paying a year on our home and car insurance. I feel much better knowing the important things are taken care of and we'll figure out the rest as it comes. I just pray that nothing breaks down or needs repairs in the meantime!
Don't breathe too hard.

Since Joel was laid off I am on my third round with colds. It's crazy! I don't usually get so sick, but almost every week I've come down with another round of sore throat, stuffy nose, aches and pains. I guess stress really can affect the body and the immune system.

I have too much to get done to let it keep me down for long. Too bad the Dow doesn't feel the same way, hahaha. Ouch, it hurts when I laugh, or look at the Wall Street ticker.

Interesting tid-bit. I booked a wedding last week, for May. They had booked my friend photographer Dominique, but when they had to change their plans, she couldn't cover their wedding on their new date, so she referred them to me. Turns out the groom is cousins with a good friend from our old ward, and most likely nephew to her dad, who is in our new ward. Small world!

I am really looking forward to their wedding, it is in an awesomely colorful venue. The Loring Pasta Bar is where it's at. Amazing colors, and scenery, architecture and decor. It's a dream come true for me :) I'm going to have so much fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear your sick again....that stinks! Sounds like you guys are really taking care of things and doing it in a smart way. I really hope everything works out for you. I have my fingers crossed that nothing breaks down or needs repairs! LOL Congrats on the wedding too!

Monique