Thursday, April 29, 2010

Short Notes

Well, it wasn't that bad. It didn't cost as much as I thought it would either, yay for that!
The hygienist told me after cleaning my teeth that if that's all the plaque I get after two years I can most definitely be put on the yearly visit list. She said she's seen people get that much plaque in two weeks. YAY me! This excites me because I had so many years of bad bad dental problems and finally I have my mouth under control and the teeth I have left are healthy and strong and are looking good. I hope my dental worries are over for several years, at least for my mouth. My kid's mouths on the other hand...

I can't believe there's only 6 or so more weeks of school left for my kids! This year has flown by so fast for me. Every time I feel like I have time to catch my breath, off we go again on a new adventure! Joy will be finished with her school a few weeks before the other kids, that will be nice to have our whole days to ourselves. Her parent teacher conference went well. She's doing good and she's a very good student and friend. She loves to help and is never pushy or rude. I love hearing good things about my kids, especially the social stuff.

I just signed the kids all up for t-ball. As much as I whine about having to drive around every Tuesday and Thursday evening, I sure do love watching the kids play the game! I love that at this age it's ok to root for kids on the other team too because they are our kids friends at school.
I like sitting with my mother-in-law chatting about "things". It's great fun. I think that it will be one of those things I will surely miss when my kids are grown. I hope that they have their kids in baseball and invite me, their grandma, to all of their games. I would love that!

Joel's official graduation ceremony is Friday. I also love all the pomp and circumstance of that whole thing. He worked so hard and did so good all 7 years. He was always striving for A's and very rarely came in close behind. It's a big deal and deserves to be celebrated! He's been an inspiration to many people who know him, especially me. Congratulations!

No comments: