Friday, April 30, 2010

"It's ok to not do it all"

~Dove Chocolate Candy


Thank You! I needed that.


Last night I was craving chocolate and selflessly let the oldest child have the last scoops of ice cream topped in chocolate topping. I did not cry. I texted. I texted Joel how much I was craving chocolate. I must be coming down with a cold. I only crave chocolate on two occasions. "That time of the month" and when I have a cold and my throat hurts and I can't taste it or enjoy it because it sticks to my throat and makes me feel worse. So unfair.
This morning when I woke up there was a gift of Dove chocolates bequeathed to me on the bathroom counter where a loving husband knew I would find it as soon as I woke up and it would brighten and cheer up my day.

I love that they have tiny little messages printed on the inside of the wrapper just for me.
Oh, they have them for you too?
Hmph.
I thought I was special.
Anyway, half of the fun of eating Doves is reading the message inside and I know each one was picked especially for me. Today I needed that message.
Too often I feel like I take on way too much. I bite off more than I can chew. I've accepted the position of drummer for Spinal Tap.... Well, maybe not that drastic.
The other message I got was, "Live every day up to your expectations, not others." Dove is so wise. I think that one goes hand in hand with the first one, don't you?
I feel a tickle in my throat coming on.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Reading this post made me yearn for our morning mall walks of long ago. I am blessed to know you! And even thought I apparently won't be reading your comments on facebook anymore (you brave woman you), I'm happy we can keep in touch electronically somehow!

Jen said...

Lisa! I miss our morning walks too! Julie and I tried to get them going again when she moved back, but it wasn't very easy.
Miss you!