Saturday, March 22, 2008

Day 1 Friday

Friday we (and I use that term loosely, because I ended up only cleaning out the cabinets and my fil and Donny- a family friend helped my husband do pretty much all the work) gutted the north side of the kitchen, pulled out the cabinets and linoleum. Then we cut out the subfloor. We were so happy to see the insulation had been protected well and it was mainly the subfloor that took the damage. The joices looked good and there was not any black mold at the bottom of the walls. Such a relief!

That pretty much took up all of the first day.

Check out this shot I got of dh sawing.... you can read the blade!


Ginabear said...

That looks like soo much fun!! I am disappointed though that I didnt see any pick hammers anywhere, hehe. I guess if I came to help I would just be in the way of all of that testosterone!! Cant wait to see whats next! said...

awesome to see it!