Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

I am such a lucky girl!
Not only do I have an amazing mom, but I also have amazing kids.
My mom is such an inspiration to me. All my life she has been there for me, even when I was a rotten little creepy kid, she still loved me. She also was strong enough to not let me get away with crap. She is amazing and now as an adult I wish I'd seen that when I was a kid. I have so much respect for her. Thanks Mom for all you do and have done for me! I love you!

I also have four amazing kids. They are so sweet to me, especially on days like today. Joyanna made me a bazillion cards shaped like hearts and has been giving them to me through the day. She has something else in store for me, but I don't get it until tonight. Josh and Jaeden are old enough to write more specific things they love about me on their school projects. I get a kick that both of them say I make good food for them. I wish they'd remember that each night when they ask me what's for dinner and I hear groans. At church today the little kids sang the primary Grandmother song, but sang Mother instead... the one that goes, "I wish every kid in the whole wide world had a Mother just like you." The girls made me candles in primary and Josh made me a pillow that says "Worlds Best Mom" on it.Jacob didn't make me anything, but he is in the kitchen tonight helping Joel make a dinner of won tons and rice, so I give him credit there. Both of them actually, because neither know how to make them, and they are giving it a pretty good shot! Joel made French Toast for breakfast for us and he also bought a cake and brought me flowers last night. My family is good to me :)

We visited my mother-in-law today after a short (WAY TOO SHORT) nap, to wish her a happy Mother's Day and chat for a few hours. I contemplate writing about this on here, because I love my mom so much, I don't want any hurt feelings, but at the same time I think that she would be happy to know that I feel like I have a pretty great mother-in-law too. I've been a part of my in-laws family for half my life now. At first things were hard, as I imagine it always can be, trying to fit into a new family that does things different and you're not used to them. But today I really love my mother and father-in-law. They are such good people. They've always been good to me and my children and been there for us. I feel very blessed to have two sets of wonderful parents who mean the world to me! I know a lot of people don't have that in their lives and so I know how lucky I am. I hope my daughters end up that lucky too.

No comments: