Tuesday, May 11, 2010

This rain is so dreary

It has been raining for a couple of days now and I'm starting to get tired of it. I've had to reschedule one session because of rain and shoot through it for another. In Jen's World I would have it only rain at night with just enough lightning to make me feel safe. Funny, huh? Lightning makes me feel safe as long as I'm not camping or standing outside with an umbrella. I'm pretty sure nobody is going to try to break into my home during a thunder storm, so those are the nights I sleep the best. Snow storms are another time I sleep well.

For many years I have admired and coveted my mother-in-law's Peonies. They are beautiful. Round and full and fragrant. The only thing I don't like about them is the dozen of ants that accompany any boquet she gives me, but I'll endure them for the sweet smell and beauty they add to my room. About 10 springs ago she was going to give me my own starts in the fall. That year we had a horrible hail storm that took out her plants and it took a few years for them to get back to being healthy and big again. Instead of starts that year I got a candle that was supposed to smell like them. Two years ago she gave me 3 plant starts to put in my yard. Last spring I was so happy to see the plants survived the winter! And this spring I am delighted to see that one of the plants has buds on it and I will very soon have my very own peonies blossoms! This makes me so happy! I can't wait to take pictures of them and share them with you too.

There is an art exhibit going on in Minneapolis starting on the 14th. I soooo want to go. I might just have to take Joy out with me and bribe her with a bag of candy to walk around with me and see the sights. The Northwestern Casket Company building I used to work in is part of the art district now and I think it would be fun to visit during the Art A Whirl. Anyone want to go too?
Link: http://www.northeastminneapolisartsdistrict.com/

No comments: