Saturday, January 19, 2008

Hey!

Hey you passersby peoples yous! I see you! We all see you at the bottom of my blog here... see that box down there... yeah, that's you on it! Leave a comment or two.. nice ones... tell me how you love my new banner.. tell me how it goes so well with the upcoming holiday of Valentines Day... tell me how great I look in pink (that's me on there).
It's so weird, the last couple of days I've been getting people visiting from all kinds of other countries. Spain, Mexico, France, Canada, Greece, Turkey, Australia, UK, India, Germany, Slovenia, Hong Kong, Argentina, China... China, are you allowed to be on my blog?
I don't know how they are finding me, because not many of my friends have found this blog yet, and I haven't told them about it.... so if even some of my good friends don't know about it how come strangers in other countries do?

Ok, I'm not talented like some people. Someone who's blog I read today had a post about a gorgeous quilt that they made, and they figured out the math them self for it, and made it all up and it's just gorgeous! I can't do that. I can't make a quilt, I doubt I can even tie a blanket. I wish I had that kind of talents in me... somewhere.

So that got me thinking and tonight I stepped out on a limb and tried my first time ever to make a Key Lime Pie. Well, I cheated a little and didn't make my own crust, but I did zest 3 limes and I did squeeze them, and mix them up with egg yolks and sweetened condensed milk, and I baked it... and it is SMELLING GOOD! Now I will make my own whip cream topping... I know I can handle that, I've done it before.
So I was a little creative today. Kudos to me. Maybe I'll use my picture taking talent and take a picture of it tonight.

10 comments:

Tammy said...

Hi there Jen!!! Yep, it is me checkin you out!! Yep, I do like you in your new banner!! hehe ALthough it looks purple to me...But, hey you still look good purple as well! LOL

Ginabear said...

Yeppers, I like it. You are pretty in pink, hehe! And if I know anything about you, you have talent pouring out your ears. All you have to do is tap it and it will all come out, like syrup;) Waitin for the pics...the pie and the 80's hairdo hehe

Jen said...

LOL Tam- Yeah I guess it's purpleish looking, especially with the purpleish flowers, huh?
But thanks for the compliments! :) and even more so for the comments!

Michelle said...

Love the new look, very cute. I see a Boise, Idaho on your list, but that's not me. I wonder what I show up as. ;)

Thanks for the link to that quilt, it was amazing! I give you kudos for the key lime pie. I've never even tasted one but it sounds yummy. Don't we get to see pictures?

Emily said...

I love your new boarder!! I"m not sure if you remember me or not i'm Emily (ejtjb) from LDS mommies. I'm the one from OK!!

Unknown said...

but you are awesome in other talent areas you have!

and, yes, i love seeing you smiling and giggling in your header. awwh. simply endearing, kathleen

Anonymous said...

Man lady, I haven't read your blog for a week and I am a week behind!!!!
Yes, your banner is amazing. That's you in there, huh!!!! And the music is so touching. Makes me want to read forever.

Luv ya,

Jen said...

Hi Emily! Yes, I do remember you! Welcome to my new blog :)

Jen said...

I took a picture, I just haven't dumped my card yet.

Anonymous said...

Very cool banner. You look awesome, but of course I am biased toward the Irish/English/Danish/Welch look. I haven't checked in for a couple of weeks, and now I see that I've missed a ton of stuff!