Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Amish Bread

I made the Amish Friendship Bread yesterday and it was such a big hit! I didn't make loaves like the recipe suggests, but poured it into a greased and floured 9x13 glass dish and baked it for 80 minutes. By the end of the day there was only a little bit left... so, thanks to Michelle's suggestions I decided to keep a starter kit for myself and make a second batch of the bread. YUMMY! I guess I'm not very friendly keeping it to myself, haha. But it was SO YUMMY! I wasn't expecting it to be a sweet bread, however.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I LOVE Amish friendship bread. The lady that we lived with in one of my areas on my mission, she would make a loaf every week! YUM YUM!!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I have a favorite recipie for you.

I'm too lazy to get up and get it now, but it is burnt sugar almonds. Oh my, oh my!!!!!

banana