Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

Well, my Valentine's Day started yesterday when a boquet of 24 beautiful roses arrived at my door... That was the highlight of the day, because after that it was all downhill :(

Jacob walked in the door at 2:30 announcing he was super sick with a cold and then he resigned to the recliner for the rest of the day. At 3:00 I went over to Joshua's school for my regular Wednesday afternoon volunteer schedule. I help the kids out with their "centers". When I got there the teacher met me while I was hanging up my coat and asked me how I was. Then she told me Josh wasn't looking ok. He had his head down on the desk and wasn't coloring with the other kids. So I went over to him and could feel that he was running a fever. He'd been up at 5 that morning watching tv when my dh came home from driving Jake to Seminary, and he'd been complaining about a headache all afternoon, but seemed ok at the library's story time and when I put him on the bus. So I brought him home, then ran out for medicines and a bunch of Airborne for me! Josh spent the evening throwing up and running a 102 temp.
It wasn't until 10:30 that night that I could go into Valentine's Day mode and carry out my tradition of giving the house a balloon attack. I stayed up until midnight watching two taped Gilmore Girl's episodes and blowing up 60 pink and red balloons. I hung a Valentine's Day sign in the family room and put a box of chocolates and candy bracelets at the kids spots at the kitchen table and put out the valentines stuff I gave my husband at his spot.
Last year I tried to use helium balloons but they kept popping as I would let them go. We have a very prickly celing.
This morning when the kids came out of their rooms they ran through the balloons giggling. I'm so happy they love it! Then my husband spent the morning trying to fake helium balloons by rubbing them on the kids heads and then sticking them to the ceiling! Nice try honey.

Now it's 1:50 and I am feeling myself coming down with a cold. I've got the aches and pains and a sore throat is coming on.... dang it! I'm going to spend the next day or two in my recliner. Hope you all had a nice day with the ones you love.

I need help with fixing my spell check!

5 comments: said...

awh jen,
sorry i wasn't around when you tried to get a hold of me. see you soon.

good morning sweetie. hope your day is groovy nice and perky ... or at least semi perky. hehe

love ya friend,
kathleeny :) xoxo

Misty Dawn said...

Awwwww I hope EVERYONE in your family feels better very soon!

Those photos are precious!

Jen said...

Thanks ladies. Kathleeny, I'm feeling sick today and just hanging out at the house, I really wish I was feeling groovy.
Thanks for your comment on my pictures Misty! It was really fun to watch them play around. They were so happy.

Anonymous said...

So sad you got the bug! We had it here, too.

I am too old to do it anymore, but I used to always stay up late to make April Fools jokes. No matter how late it was, I'd get the energy and go to town.

When I read about how you decorated with balloons for Valentines, I thought, HOW CUTE!!!! I would never have that much energy!


PS Get well soon

Michelle said...

Yay for the flowers, but darn it for the rest of your day. :( I hope you didn't get what the kids had.

I do love your balloon idea and if I may, borrow it for the future! You're a sweet mom to still do all that even when you don't feel well.