Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I'm gonna love it

I think, anyway.
This morning I got up at 6:15-ish to get ready for my orientation at the YMCA this morning. I didn't allow enough time for breakfast, so I had half of a granola bar on the way over, that I found in my van. Dang it, I forgot about the box of doughnuts I have stashed under my passenger chair!... Mmmmm..... doughnuts....... *drool*
Oh, yeah, I was getting healthy there, back to the healthy stuff. Today Will took me through all of the machines and showed me how to use them, set me up with a chart so I can keep track of my progress and also wrote on there my settings for each machine. So when I go in, I grab my chart, a pen, a clipboard and get to work. Very easy.
And with the child care on site, I am sure I'll be there most days of the week, it can't get any easier than that. My kids are what are holding me back the most from getting into a workout. If I work out at home they get in the way, climb on me or on my treadmill or my exercise ball. If I walk I have to push a double stroller and do it in the afternoon while Josh is at school so I don't have to have him trot along with me, that's just a pain pushing the stroller anyway. I used to walk 3 miles a day pushing a double stroller for a couple of years, and it is SUCH A PAIN!
The only thing I hated about the place was the mirrors on the wall. I hate looking at myself. I'm so round. I hate my round head. Just call me Charlie Brown. And I hate how I've let myself go. I don't want to look at that.
Anyway, all in all, I really like it and I know I'm going to use it a LOT.
I already have the kids enrolled in classes that started this week. Joy is in tumbling, Jaeden and Joshua are taking a sports sampler class. They are going to love it!
It IS fun to play at the YMCA!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that sounds SOOOOO fun! I'm so glad for you. I hope it helps Joel, too.

Tell them to get some skinny-type mirrors. We need all the help we can get!

Haa, haa, haa, Charlie Brown head!
Actually, you were always, and still are the pretty one. It keeps my self esteem up to think I am related.

Luv ya,
banana